“Surge; Supplies; Staffing. These are the three overarching concerns we continue to be focused on. Our offices have been and will continue to do all we can to ensure that our local hospitals, clinicians, not-for profits, community-based organizations (CBOs), and anyone else who needs supplies, does in fact have what they need. We are in an all-out effort to work every level of government and every other possible source to acquire the supplies and equipment needed for our healthcare professionals.”
After hearing directly from a few local organizations about the supply shortages they were facing, the Staten Island Delegation worked with Super Health Pharmacy to purchase a limited amount of masks, gloves, thermometers, and hand sanitizer to distribute directly to our healthcare professionals in need.
This week, supplies were distributed directly to those on the front line at the following organizations:
- CHASI – masks and hand sanitizer
- Community Health Center of Richmond (CHCR) – masks, gloves and hand sanitizer
- Meals on Wheels – masks, thermometers and hand sanitizer
- Jewish Board – masks, gloves and hand sanitizer
- Seamen's Society – masks, gloves, thermometers and hand sanitizer
- CPA – masks, gloves and thermometers
- Brielle – masks and gloves
- A Very Special Place – masks, gloves, thermometers and hand sanitizer
- Eden II – masks and gloves
- Beacon – masks, gloves and hand sanitizer
- Goodhue – gloves and hand sanitizer
- Project Hospitality – gloves and hand sanitizer
Hand sanitizer was also distributed to Richmond University Medical Center, Eger Nursing Home and Golden Gate Rehabilitation Center.
Staten Island’s elected official delegation will continue to work in close coordination to continue directing PPE to the places they are most needed. On March 21, 2020, the Staten Island Delegation put out a call to any dentists or physicians who may be closing their offices during this time to donate their PPE so that healthcare professionals on the front lines of this crisis can continue to safely care for ill patients. The delegation has now extended this to all small businesses that are closed or seeing fewer patients during this time. Any offices interested in donating should visit www.statenislandusa.com/PPE and fill out the intake form. A staff member from Borough Hall will be in touch shortly to arrange pick up of your donations.