In years prior, Borough President Oddo has hosted the annual “Halloween Hoopla” at Bloomingdale Park. The event has been changed this year due to the park’s closure for renovations and reconstruction.
“I am happy to once again host a special celebration that kids of all ages can enjoy,” said BP Oddo. “This year, I am looking forward to celebrating a Halloween in a new way with ‘Trick or Treat Around SI’ and welcome Staten Island families to join us for a great afternoon of Halloween fun.”
The following business development district will be participating. Each district will receive 100 trick-or-treat bags that can be picked up the locations listed below, bags will be given out on a first come, first served basis:
- Castleton Avenue Merchants Organization: Wicked Stitches (840 Castleton Avenue)
- Downtown Staten Island: Kiara's Beauty Salon (696 Bay Street)
- Forest Avenue Business Improvement District: Forest Avenue BID Office (686 Forest Avenue)
- South Shore Business Improvement District: Giovanni’s Trattoria (3800 Richmond Avenue)
- Victory Boulevard Merchants Association: Alfonso Pastry Shoppe (1899 Victory Boulevard)
Participating businesses will have a special Trick-or-Treat sign in their store window indicating that they are a sweet stop along the way. Children will receive allergy free candy (no nuts, no chocolate) so everyone can safely trick-or-treat in their neighborhood.
Click here for more information.